February 15, 2010

Terrible, Horrible, Unbareable Two's

I just noticed that it has been over one month since my last post. OOPS! I blame these babies completely. Oden is definitely is his terrible two's (times 10). He has been the craziest, most horribly behaved boy ever! I just don't even know what to do anymore! I'm hoping that he's just going crazy from being in the house all the time. Hopefully, the weather will warm up soon so we can go outside to get rid of his energy. Right now, everything is a fight. From changing diapers, to sharing toys, or even sitting down to eat. He fights me at every turn!! I have not found an effective punishment method yet. He will not sit still for time-outs, I don't spank, I don't like to yell, I've tried putting him in our laundry room alone, I've also tried his bedroom for time-outs. All with no avail. I've had quite a few people tell me that he just knows how to push my buttons. I recite the serenity prayer to myself multiple times daily. I can't imagine that throwing an infant into the mix is going to make things better. I have a feeling that this is going to be 'the crazy house' for a while! On a side note, Oden's speech has been developing at a rapid pace. Majority of his language only Mom and Dad can understand. He is very vocal about everything now. It is fun to just sit and watch him play. He's constantly babbling and you can almost see the gears turning and his imagination working! He also has very good manners. We have been very persistent with him, saying please and thank you, and it is paying off. For example, yesterday Papa Joe and Grandma Honey (Laura) came over to give Odee a Valentine's Day gift. He was given two new books. He said thank you to both right away. Then, when he was playing with them later in the night he all of a sudden said, "Dane You Papa Grama!" It as very cute. It makes us very happy to be raising a polite boy. Hopefully the craziness with fade in time. The baby in my tummy has been moving around a lot lately too. Jess finally got to feel it the other day. That was very exciting. I tried getting Oden to hold still and put his hand on my tummy, but he just can't seem to stay still for that long. Perhaps having a sibling will calm Oden down and make him the world best big brother?! I know it's doubtable, but I can dream can't I?!


Valentine's Day family picture
Oden coloring in his new WonderPets pajamas!

I love the cape! He can be the forth WonderPet member!

Dad and Odee getting ready for a car ride.

Oden is wearing Jess's hat. Yes, Oden has a huge head!


1 comment:

Unknown said...

I know what you mean, two really is terrible! I went through that with Chaela, where I felt like nothing I tried ever worked discipline-wise. Things are better now. We use a combination of time-outs and butt-swats. Now (usually) all I have to do is say, "Do you want a time out? One... two..." and she does whatever it is.

For me, the hardest part about time outs was getting her to stay there. What I had to do was just keep putting her back in her designated "time out spot," and every time she left it, I restarted her time. It's a HUGE pain in the butt, but after a few days she stopped leaving it as much. Good luck!!